Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Alto Recorder

Students who reach the "Black Belt" or mastery of the soprano recorder have the option of continuing on with even more difficult soprano recorder pieces or learning a new instrument, the alto recorder. The alto recorder is a larger version of the recorder and has a slightly lower range. Since the alto recorder is not pitched in the key of C like the soprano, students are required to learn new fingerings for pitches they read from the treble clef staff. Most of the playing techniques required to master the soprano recorder, like consistent breath support and articulation still apply.

Stay tuned for samples and play-along links for those studying or just want to hear the alto recorder.

2 comments:

Eddie said...

Hi Mrs. Russle!

Its Eddie in Mrs.V-F's class. I LOVE playing the recorder! Its my favorite instrument!

I hope I get to the black belt by the end of the year.

You are the best music teacher on earth!!!!

Sierra S. said...

I can't believe that I passed the yellow belt and went all the way to the purple belt, it was awesome!